2. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Specifically, Edcon Steel collects the following information from its Internet site:
2.1 STATISTICAL INFORMATION
Edcon Steel collects statistical information regarding the use of its Internet site. This collection includes your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address and the date and time of your visit. This information is collected to provide Edcon Steel with information about the use of its site and to help it maintain and develop the site to provide better information to users.
You can prevent this collection of information by disabling your web browser from accepting cookies. This will not prevent you from accessing the Edcon Steel Internet Site, however it may prevent you from utilising all features in the Edcon Steel Internet Site.
2.3 REQUESTED PERSONAL INFORMATION
At various stages, you may be requested to provide Edcon Steel with personal information including your contact details. Personal information will only be requested if it is necessary to provide a service to you or if it is necessary by law. Such a request may arise if you ask Edcon Steel to provide you with information or provide you with a product.
In this instance, you should read Edcon Steel’s Use and Disclosure policy in clause 3.
3. USE AND DISCLOSURE
Edcon Steel will not use or disclose, and will use reasonable endeavours to prevent the use or disclosure of, information provided by a user to Edcon Steel’s Internet site for a purpose other than the primary purpose of collection (a ‘secondary purpose’), except to the extent:
- that the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection and that you would reasonably expect Edcon Steel to use or disclose the information for the secondary purpose (for example, the provision of your information to a supplier of Edcon Steel products where you have requested such a product to be supplied);
- that you have consented to the use of the information for the secondary purpose;
- that information provided by you, including information relating to transactions, may appear in aggregate form for the purpose of providing statistical information within Edcon Steel or to third parties. This information will not identify you;
- necessary in order to enforce any of the terms of an agreement between you and Edcon Steel;
- that Edcon Steel has reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in, and uses or discloses the personal information as a necessary part of its investigation of the matter or in reporting its concerns to relevant persons or authorities;
- required or specifically authorised by law;
- provided in co-operation with any governmental authority
4. ACCESS AND CORRECTION
4.1 Where Edcon Steel collects information from you, we will provide you with access to your information at your request except to the extent that:
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the information relates to existing legal dispute resolution proceedings between you and Edcon Steel, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings; or
- providing access would reveal the intentions of Edcon Steel in relation to negotiations with you in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations.
4.2 Where information about you is found to be incorrect, incomplete or out of date, Edcon Steel will correct, update, erase or amend the information as appropriate.
5. LINKS FROM THIS SITE
Edcon Steel acknowledges that security is of paramount concern to you. Edcon Steel stores your personal information in secure environments to safeguard it from misuse, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
By using the Edcon Steel Internet site you agree that the Internet is inherently insecure and that accordingly [Edcon Steel] can only use its best endeavours to secure your personal information and cannot provide any definitive assurance regarding security of personal information. Edcon Steel will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosure of that information.
8. FEEDBACK, QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS