Mild Steel Pipe (CHS) AS1074/1163 C250L0
|Stock Code||Description||Dimensions (mm)||Standard Length (mm)||Kg per Unit|
|lbpe.15||21.3x2.0 CHS (15NB LBPE) Mill Finish||21.3 x 2.0 CHS (15NB LBPE)||6500||1.01kg||View Price|
|lbpe.20||26.9x2.3 (20NB LBPE) Mill Finish||26.9 x 2.3 (20NB LBPE)||6500||1.40kg||View Price|
|lbpe.25||33.7x2.6 (25NB LBPE) Mill Finish||33.7 x 2.6 (25NB LBPE)||6500||1.99kg||View Price|
|lbpe.32||42.4x2.6 (32NB LBPE) Mill Finish||42.4 x 2.6 (32NB LBPE)||6500||2.55kg||View Price|
|lbpe.40||48.3x2.9 (40NB LBPE) Mill Finish||48.3 x 2.9 (40NB LBPE)||6500||3.25kg||View Price|
|lbpe.50||60.3x2.9 (50NB LBPE) Mill Finish||60.3 x 2.9 (50NB LBPE)||6500||4.11kg||View Price|
|lbpe.65||76.1x3.2 (65NB LBPE) Mill Finish||76.1 x 3.2 (65NB LBPE)||6500||5.75kg||View Price|
|lbpe.80||88.9x3.2 (80NB LBPE) Mill Finish||88.9 x 3.2 (80NB LBPE)||6500||6.76kg||View Price|
|lbpe.90||101.6x3.2 (90NB LBPE) Mill Finish||101.6 x 3.2 (90NB LBPE)||6500||7.77kg||View Price|
|lbpe.100||114.3x3.6 (100NB LBPE) Mill Finish||114.3 x 3.6 (100NB LBPE)||6500||9.83kg||View Price|
|lbpe.125||139.7x3.5 (125NB LBPE) Mill Finish||139.7 x 3.5 (125NB LBPE)||6500||11.76kg||View Price|
|lbpe.150||165.1x3.5 (150NB LBPE) Mill Finish||165.1 x 3.5 (150NB LBPE)||6500||13.95kg||View Price|
|mbpe.10||17.2x2.3 (10NB MBPE) Mill Finish||17.2 x 2.3 (10NB MBPE)||6500||1.10kg||View Price|
|mbpe.15||21.3x2.6 (15NB MBPE) Mill Finish||21.3 x 2.6 (15NB MBPE)||6500||1.21kg||View Price|
|mbpe.20||26.9x2.6 (20NB MBPE) Mill Finish||26.9 x 2.6 (20NB MBPE)||6500||1.56kg||View Price|
|mbpe.25||33.7x3.2 (25NB MBPE) Mill Finish||33.7 x 3.2 (25NB MBPE)||6500||2.41kg||View Price|
|mbpe.32||42.4x3.2 (32NB MBPE) Mill Finish||42.4 x 3.2 (32NB MBPE)||6500||3.10kg||View Price|
|mbpe.40||48.3x3.2 (40NB MBPE) Mill Finish||48.3 x 3.2 (40NB MBPE)||6500||3.57kg||View Price|
|mbpe.50||60.3x3.6 (50NB MBPE) Mill Finish||60.3 x 3.6 (50NB MBPE)||6500||5.03kg||View Price|
|mbpe.65||76.1x3.6 (65NB MBPE) Mill Finish||76.1 x 3.6 (65NB MBPE)||6500||6.43kg||View Price|
|mbpe.80||88.9x4.0 (80NB MBPE) Mill Finish||88.9 x 4.0 (80NB MBPE)||6500||8.37kg||View Price|
|mbpe.90||101.6x4.0 (90NB MBPE) Mill Finish||101.6 x 4.0 (90NB MBPE)||6500||9.63kg||View Price|
|mbpe.100||114.3x4.5 (100NB MBPE) Mill Finish||114.3 x 4.5 (100NB MBPE)||6500||12.20kg||View Price|
|mbpe.125||139.7x5.0 (125NB MBPE) Mill Finish||139.7 x 5.0 (125NB MBPE)||6500||16.60kg||View Price|
|mbpe.150||165.1x5.0 (150NB MBPE) Mill Finish||165.1 x 5.0 (150NB MBPE)||6500||19.70kg||View Price|
|hbpe.15||21.3x3.2 (15NB HBPE) Mill Finish||21.3 x 3.2 (15NB HBPE)||6500||1.44kg||View Price|
|hbpe.20||26.9x3.2 (20NB HBPE) Mill Finish||26.9 x 3.2 (20NB HBPE)||6500||1.87kg||View Price|
|hbpe.25||33.7x4.0 (25NB HBPE) Mill Finish||33.7 x 4.0 (25NB HBPE)||6500||2.94kg||View Price|
|hbpe.32||42.4x4.0 (32NB HBPE) Mill Finish||42.4 x 4.0 (32NB HBPE)||6500||3.80kg||View Price|
|hbpe.40||48.3x4.0 (40NB HBPE) Mill Finish||48.3 x 4.0 (40NB HBPE)||6500||4.38kg||View Price|
|hbpe.50||60.3x4.5 (50NB HBPE) Mill Finish||60.3 x 4.5 (50NB HBPE)||6500||6.19kg||View Price|
|hbpe.65||76.1x4.5 (65NB HBPE) Mill Finish||76.1 x 4.5 (65NB HBPE)||6500||7.93kg||View Price|
|hbpe.80||88.9x4.9 (80NB HBPE) Mill Finish||88.9 x 4.9 (80NB HBPE)||6500||10.30kg||View Price|
|hbpe.90||101.6x4.9 (90NB HBPE) Mill Finish||101.6 x 4.9 (90NB HBPE)||6500||11.90kg||View Price|
|hbpe.100||114.3x5.4 (100NB HBPE) Mill Finish||114.3 x 5.4 (100NB HBPE)||6500||14.50kg||View Price|
|hbpe.125||139.7x5.4 (125NB HBPE) Mill Finish||139.7 x 5.4 (125NB HBPE)||6500||17.90kg||View Price|
|hbpe.150||165.1x5.4 (150NB HBPE) Mill Finish||165.1 x 5.4 (150NB HBPE)||6500||21.30kg||View Price|
Edcon Steel stocks and sells a wide variety of round steel pipe to suit all sorts of customers. Pipe or Circular Hollow Sections (CHS) is available in a variety of grades, finishes and materials. All Pipes are in standard sizes or a schedule of sizes. We stock & cut a comprehensive range of these sizes. There is a vast array of types and sizes of pipe for all manner of different applications. Pipe may be referred to as schedule pipe or line pipe and these are based on American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) sizes. Our stocked pipes are mild steel pipes to Australian Standards AS1074/1163 C250L0.
Mild Steel pipes or Circular Hollow Sections (CHS) are :
- High Strength to weight ratio
- Easy to weld and fabricate using standard processes
- Lower carbon content
- Common ranges are readily available
- Large ranges of fittings and accessories available for many applications
Our steel pipes are used for a vast array of applications. Our stock holdings are selected to help you get the pipe you need to get your job done. Typical pipe applications are:
- Structural - Columns and Frames
- Mechanical - pipe and gas transfer
- General Engineering
- Rural and Agriculture
Edcon Steel Tips
- These pipe sizes are not to be confused with Tube sizes. There are a huge verity of tube also available also at mild steel ERW tube . The easiest way to describe tube would be a thin wall pipe, but the standard sizes will differ from our pipe schedule sizes. Our steel stores are well stocked in Pipe with 350 grade mild steel, 316 Stainless Steel, 6060 Grade Aluminium and brass. All of our stocked Pipes (CHS) can be cut to your requirements, and you can take part lengths or cut pieces while only paying for what you need (cutting charges apply). Our Stores will stock Circular Hollow Sections in the manufactured lengths. The stocked length, as well as the sizes (schedule sizes), will vary according to the material grade. The changes in length may be small, however, we recommend customers do their research on the lengths that their selected product comes in. A small change in the design lengths, can lead to greater product yield and less waste - saving you money.
- Structurally, Steel Circular Hollow Sections (CHS) are a material of choice for columns and posts. This is due to the higher strengths of the circular square hollow sections are made from resulting in lower weights for the same carrying capacity compared to other profiles Rounds posts will often be used as a feature where a post or column is exposed or visible. Veranda Posts, columns supporting buildings, gate posts or fence posts maybe CHS. Circular Hollow Section (CHS) is popular due to the smooth even finish on the outside face. NOTE : care may be needed selecting grades of CHS for structural applications to ensure comply and with BCA or NCC and other Australian Standards.
- We also have many accessories to suit our ranges of Circular Hollow Section (CHS) we have plastic caps, metal post caps and mild steel base plates to suit our mild steel square hollow sections to enable our customer to make their own posts and columns.
- Material Certificates and letters of material conformance may be obtained*, if requested before you place your order. (* charges may apply)
Most Mild Circular Square Hollow Sections will be Electro-Resistance Welded (ERW). This welding process will result in a weld seam. The external weld seam will be scarfed off resulting in a smooth finish on the external face, but the internal weld seam will remain protruding on the internal face of the tube. This is important to any customer who is looking to "Telescope" their Round tube or pipe Section. Telescoping of Circular Hollow tube is common to allow parts to sleeve together or to be extendable with one typically smaller CHS sliding inside a larger CHS. There is a telescoping chart available on our website.
We also have many accessories to suit our ranges of Circular Hollow Section (CHS) we have plastic caps, metal post caps and mild steel base plates to suit our mild steel square hollow sections to enable our customer to make their own posts and columns.
Surface Protections and Coatings
Pipe or Circular Hollow Sections (CHS) are painted with the primary purpose of protecting the steel during internal storage and handling thru the warehousing and distribution process. The primer paint is a smooth general purpose paint applied in line by a fully automated process to the external surface (only). Typically black in colour with a coating thickness of 10-20 microns Dry Film Thickness (DFT).
The paint features ;
• Temporary rust protection for dry storage
• Reduced surface preparation prior to fabrication and further processing
• Strippable for powder coating and hot-dip galvanzing
• Easily marked up for welding
• Weld spatter is easily wiped off
• Does not need to be ground before welding.
One further important consideration with all tubular construction is surface protection. All internal surfaces of tubes are not easily accessible (under statement). This means internal surfaces are not easily coated or painted. If you are making or getting items made from Square Hollow Section (SHS), Rectangular Hollow Section (RHS) or Circular Hollow Section (CHS) you should take care to ensure there is no way that moisture can enter the insides of your tubes, this will lead to corrosion problems especially in mild steel Hollow sections as there is no surface treatment or rust inhibitors on the inside of these tubes. For any harsh environment or marine applications (eg. boat trailers) you will need to look at having your steel hot dip galvanised. Due to the nature of the galvanising process, this is the only way to economically provide surface protection to the outside and inside of hollow steel sections.
We cut all our steel products to size
You only pay for what you need. Just drop in for on the spot service
We’ll package it securely
Once cut to size, we’ll pack it safely so it makes it to you in perfect condition